Thursday 18 October 2012

Illustrator and Photoshop work

   This is the image I created by using both Adobe illustrator and Adobe Photoshop  It is the image I created after completing the tutorial and have decided to use as the cover on my Graphics portfolio. The first few steps I did was to create a triangular and circular shape in illustrator, of which I changed by going to Objects>Blend>Make, then changed the spacing to 'specified steps'. I then moved it into Photoshop and started to manipulate it by layering colours onto the edge of it, and duplicating the layer four times, each with a different colour. I then sectioned my created image horizontally 8 times, reversed horizontally and motion blurred every other piece. The background I added was one I created from scratch, initially started out orange, but decided to add a lighter shade towards the center with added noise and motion ripple effect, this gave the background a 'heated' effect and allows the image to look pronounced against the background. 
   The first time I attempted the tutorial version, I found some of tools hard to use and some steps un-clear, so initially struggled to complete the task quickly. However after some time of playing around with the settings and a few times confirming my understanding of the step from either teacher, I completed the task. I then went on to create my own image and found the required steps easy, but also found the areas to decide on for myself interesting and creative. 

No comments:

Post a Comment